Saturday, May 29, 2010

GI Joe Graduation from Ft. Benning Georgia





































What an amazing trip this was. My father came with my daughter and I to see my son graduate from One Unit Specialized Training at Ft. Benning Georgia...Boot camp and advanced training rolled up in 16 weeks... Had not seen him since Christmas...the anticipation...First day was the Turning Blue Ceremony in their dressed blues...or class A uniform...it snowed in Georgia that next day for the graduation ceremony...it doesn't snow in Georgia...and we were told never had there been a graduation held in the snow...those poor boys (sorry...men) stood out on that field from 0600 hrs til 1100 hrs in non stop drifting snow...it was freezing...the field is made with dirt from every battle field America ever fought on....just outside the Infantry Museum. I can't say the trip made me fan of Georgia...I had visions of qaint streets lined with peach trees and beautiful old houses with wrap around porches...not many southern belle's...but I will tell you I am a big fan of fried pickles and sweet tea! Met a great group of young men that make me so proud to have met them, spent time with them and know they have my son's back...and he has theirs...brothers for life. Picture of mom kissing her son is one of the many friends I have made on this journey...he has his brothers...I have new sisters...
















1 comment:

Jim, "Homer" said...

Outstanding and congrats to your son.